Friday, March 1, 2013

Thing # 1

7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners!

Hey everyone! So this is my first time blogging, so you all might have to bare with me on this! This is not my first time dealing and playing with Web 2.0 tools, but I'm also not a expert. So far my experience with it has been pretty good! (Hopefully it stays that way, because I am not the best with being tech savvy.)

Here I go...
     So, the assignment was to watch a presentation called "7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners". As I was watching I kept in mind which of the habits were the easiest and also which one is the hardest for me. I believe the easiest habit for me is "Play" and the hardest would be "Begin with the end in mind."


The Easiest!!!
"Play!"

PLAY & HAVE FUN!!! When you are doing anything you have to make it fun, especially learning! (Well for me at least!) I know sometimes as adults we forget to take the time to play. There are times to be serious, but there are also times to play. I think a lot of adults forget this. If you keep things so serious all the time where is the fun in that?! You wont have much love for what you are doing, and you will just wear yourself out. There are many benefits to playing and having fun. I think this is a key to lifelong learning experiences. I have memories of learning how to cook with my grandmother when I was a little girl. I still remember those memories and the things I cooked! BECAUSE IT WAS FUN! Things that are fun are more memorable, because you are not being forced to do it. This is key in "lifelong learning". Not to mention that it is my favorite one!!! :)



The Hardest...
"Begin With The End In Mind."
      Not that making goals is hard, the point of sticking with them tends to be my downfall. I know that I should have the "keep the end in mind" attitude with these goals, but sometimes things just do not work out. I find this to be a big challenge for me a lot. I do make quite a few goals, and stick with them for a good while. But in the end I can rarely reach the end. Short term goals are not as big of a problem as long term goals are, but this problem can be fixed! :) With a little more patience and self control this problem along with any other problem can be conquered!  So this I will definitely be working on becoming better in making this into a good habit rather then a bad one! 


             Always,

             M.S.P. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment